- Australia’s first same-sex marriages attract widespread supportPosted 1 day ago
- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 2 days ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 2 days ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 2 days ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 2 days ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 2 days ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 3 days ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 3 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 3 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 3 days ago
Wentworth Miller comes out over Russia
News broke this morning that ‘Prison Break’ star Wentworth Miller has come out admitting that he is gay.
Miller decided it was time to publicly reveal his sexuality after being invited to attend a film festival in Russia.
“Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes. However, as a gay man, I must decline.”
“The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly.
Miller continues: “I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government.”
He added, “If circumstances improve, I’ll be free to make a different choice.”