- Australia’s first same-sex marriages attract widespread supportPosted 12 hours ago
- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 2 days ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 2 days ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 2 days ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 2 days ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 2 days ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 2 days ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 3 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 3 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 3 days ago
Wentworth Miller welcomed with open arms to the Hollywood Rainbow family
Homowood has stepped forward with open arms to welcome Wentworth Miller into the elite rainbow family.
Gay actor Matt Bomer led the applause, telling E! News “Wow, I think its really bold and incredibly classy how he came out and did it”.
In a letter made public by The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), Wentworth turned down an invitation to an International Film Festival in Russia stating that “as a gay man” he could not “in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly”.
Miller has lead a very private life when it comes to his sexuality, up until this announcement.
Other out stars tweeted their support for Miller:
Ellen DeGeneres: “I’m proud of Wentworth Miller for speaking out in support of equality. Russia doesn’t know what they’re missing.”
Jesse Tyler Ferguson from Modern Family Tweeted: “Coming out can be scary but coming out to send a message of tolerance is heroic.”
Neil Patrick Harris: “Well done, Wentworth Miller. Bravo.”
Let’s hope these two become GBFFs!