- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 19 hours ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 20 hours ago
- Reynolds to lead National LGBTI Health AlliancePosted 20 hours ago
- Proposed marriage referendum dismissed days after Croatia’sPosted 1 day ago
- Aussie Actor Harry Cook “I’m Gay”Posted 1 day ago
- My terror of crossing Oxford St at Mardi GrasPosted 2 days ago
- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 2 days ago
- Donate to Community Brave to help combat teen bullying and homophobiaPosted 2 days ago
- BootCo Industriel TinselPosted 2 days ago
- Midsumma LaunchPosted 2 days ago
Debating sexuality and culture
After successful events in Melbourne and Sydney, the Australian GLBTIQ Multicultural Council (AGMC) will bring its sexuality and culture forum to Brisbane.
The forum, ‘Is My Sexuality More Important than my Culture or Religion?’, will be held at the University of Queensland, St Lucia campus on Saturday, June 4.
The forum will look at the tensions between culture, religion and sexuality and will include a range of speakers.
The forum has been supported by Queensland Association for Healthy Communities and is open to all. Entry via gold coin donation. Lunch provided.
The event takes place from noon – 3pm, at Building 7, Parnell Room 222 (7-222), UQ.
info: Register at www.agmc.org.au/events/2011-forum