- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 1 day ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 1 day ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 2 days ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 2 days ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 2 days ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 2 days ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 2 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 2 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 3 days ago
- Calls for independent police oversightPosted 3 days ago
DT’s on the market
Much-loved gay drinking hole DT’s Hotel is up for sale. The Richmond pub has been put on the market, and will be auctioned on May 26 at 2pm.
The news is sure to rattle Melbourne’s gay pub and club scene. This month also marks the end of Commercial Rd gay nightspot The Market.
Having served drinks to the GLBTI community for 16 years, DT’s is also well known for its drag and community events, and being the stage of drag personality Dulcie Du Jour.
Bar manager Bruce McKenzie, who’s been with the pub from the beginning, said he was unable to comment on the sale.
When DT’s turned 14, McKenzie told the Star Observer the hotel had become a Melbourne institution.
“Some of the people I first served when they were 18 or 19 are now grown up and heading into their mid-30s, and I’ve been able to watch them grow the whole way,” he said.
The Star Observer was unable to reach DT’s owner Rob Buck for comment before print.