- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 1 day ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 1 day ago
- Reynolds to lead National LGBTI Health AlliancePosted 1 day ago
- Proposed marriage referendum dismissed days after Croatia’sPosted 2 days ago
- Aussie Actor Harry Cook “I’m Gay”Posted 2 days ago
- My terror of crossing Oxford St at Mardi GrasPosted 2 days ago
- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 2 days ago
- Donate to Community Brave to help combat teen bullying and homophobiaPosted 2 days ago
- BootCo Industriel TinselPosted 3 days ago
- Midsumma LaunchPosted 3 days ago
Gay Bars Boycott Russian Vodka
Russian President Vladimir Putin recently signed laws forbidding same-sex couples from adopting Russian children and banned “gay propaganda”.
Melbourne gay bar the Laird Hotel announced that it “would no longer order any new Smirnoff products” in protest on Facebook this afternoon.
“Given Russia’s war on the GLBTI community, we are strongly in favour of boycotting any products which are Russian owned or produced. We are currently speaking to our liquor provider and investigating removing Smirnoff from the Laird and replacing it with an alternative vodka,” the Laird said.
Sydney’s Gay Bar did likewise, posting that “we wanted to confirm we DO NOT sell RUSSIAN Vodka. We’re proud to use an Australian brand which is totally organic”.
Chicago gay bar Sidetrack announced via Facebook on Wednesday that the bar has removed Stolichnaya Vodka from its shelves.