- Scouts partially drop gay banPosted 12 hours ago
- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 2 days ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 3 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 4 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 8 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 9 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 9 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 10 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 11 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 14 days ago
Christina Aguilera – intriguing and critically acclaimed
Christina Aguilera has been named one of People agazine’s 25 most intriguing people – largely due to her career reviving role in Burlesque.
2010 did not start well for Xtina. She left her husband, was accused of ripping off Lady Gaga’s image. Not to mention the flop that was Bionic – the sloppy, directionless commercial disaster that was her 2010 album.
But then came her movie musical with Cher, which surprised everyone by not tanking at the box office and garnering the pop star some favourable reviews.
Now Christina is basking in a Golden Globe Award nomination for Bound To You and is even generating Oscar talk for the ballad she co-wrote with Australia’s own Sia.
In a bid to help the diva’s award chances, Sony Pictures have released a previously unseen performance of the song (below) and it’s well worth a look.
It seems Xtina has finally got her groove back.