- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 3 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 4 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 4 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 5 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 6 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 9 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 10 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 11 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 12 days ago
- Mixed messages on marriage free vote?Posted 12 days ago
Bears resolve logo dispute
The Harbour City Bears (HCB) have reached an agreement with the Sydney Opera House Trust (SOHT) in relation to the use of an image of the Opera House in HCB’s logo.
“We are very excited with this news, as it allows us to continue to use the outline of the Opera House in our logo,” HCB president John Carayannis announced this week.
Former HCB president Jonny Bastin and public officer David Cass met with the SOHT on March 8 to discuss the issue.
“Pursuant to those discussions, the parties have entered into a licence agreement for the use of the image of the Sydney Opera House, which means we can continue to use our current logo,” Carayannis said.
“We want to thank Jonny for his hard work and his passion on this issue, making sure the SOHT understood how much our logo meant to our members, past and present.
“We also want to thank our members, and the community, who have supported us from the beginning. I am sure they will be very pleased to hear that there has been a positive outcome.”