- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 1 day ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 2 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 3 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 7 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 8 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 8 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 9 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 10 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 13 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 14 days ago
More than $51,000 raised at Titanic Aurora Dinner
The Aurora Group 13th Anniversary Annual Dinner raised more than $51,000 at the Sydney Town Hall last Saturday night. The night, hosted by TV gardening personality Brendan Moar and comedian Lesley Hancock, featured nautical-themed performances by Rachael Beck, Trevor Ashley, Paul Mac, Brendan Maclean and Nathan Hudson.
Triple J host Tom Ballard proved an early hit with the hilarious keynote speech ‘Love and Equality and Diversity and Bullshit’.
MPs in attendance included Lord Mayor Clover Moore, federal Health Minister Tanya Plibersek, and NSW Health Minister Jillian Skinner.
The money raised will go to Aurora’s ongoing support of its major beneficiary, Twenty10 incorporating the Gay and Lesbian Counselling Service. In coming months the Aurora Group will call for community (small) grant submissions in support of important projects that benefit the LGBTI community.
PICTURED: Guests Alex Greenwich and Clover Moore mingle with cast members. Photo: Ann-Marie Calilhanna