- Wyatt Roy announces equal marriage supportPosted 1 day ago
- Scouts partially drop gay banPosted 1 day ago
- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 3 days ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 4 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 5 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 9 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 10 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 10 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 11 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 12 days ago
Mardi Gras first picks for members
Mardi Gras members will have first choice to a selection of parties and events from November 1, ahead of the public under new changes to boost membership.
In an effort to make membership more accessible, Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras have made changes by creating cheaper, more accessible memberships.
General memberships have been divided into two categories: Member Plus and Member.
Current Mardi Gras members will automatically be upgraded to Member Plus which has more bonuses including giveaways and exclusive access to pre-sale tickets.
The cheaper Member option will give members voting rights in the organisation.
In May, the organisation surveyed its members and the public on what they wanted from memberships. SGLMG communications manager James Rongen-Hall said it was crucially important to open the door to as many people as possible.
He said membership was a major focus ahead of the parade’s 35th anniversary in 2013.