- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 1 day ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 2 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 3 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 7 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 8 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 8 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 9 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 10 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 13 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 14 days ago
Red ribbons raise $90,000
ACON has thanked volunteers after raising approximately $90,000 in NSW alone last month for the 2012 World AIDS Day (WAD). Thousands of red ribbons were made and sold by ACON staff, volunteers and organisations.
“On behalf of ACON and the Red Ribbon Team, I would like to sincerely thank all the people and organisations which contributed to this year’s Red Ribbon Appeal,” ACON CEO Nicolas Parkhill said.
“All of the money raised goes directly into programs and services to support people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS, and we thank all our supporters for helping make a difference in the lives of others.”
The Victorian AIDS Council/Gay Men’s Health Centre raised about $9,000 for WAD as well.