- Wyatt Roy announces equal marriage supportPosted 14 hours ago
- Scouts partially drop gay banPosted 20 hours ago
- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 3 days ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 4 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 5 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 9 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 10 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 10 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 11 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 12 days ago
Fat Tuesday a hit
Prominent LGBTI charity the Aurora Group has announced it received donations of more $6,500 from its annual Fat Tuesday fundraising dinner. Hosted at Slide in Sydney on February 12, the dinner featured international cabaret performers Frisky and Mannish and raised funds for queer community organisations in NSW.
Now in its seventh year, money raised from the dinner will go towards funding youth counselling service Twenty10 as well as the Wayside Chapel, ACON, Cancer Council lesbian support groups and GenQ high school queer education programs.
Aurora Group chair Marcus Bourget said that the night, which hosted on Oxford St, Darlinghurst for the first time in three years, was “a huge success”.
“We had a wonderful turnout and it was a fabulous night for celebrating our community over Mardi Gras,” Bourget said.