- Wyatt Roy announces equal marriage supportPosted 18 hours ago
- Scouts partially drop gay banPosted 1 day ago
- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 3 days ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 4 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 5 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 9 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 10 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 10 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 11 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 12 days ago
Blooming good fundraiser
The plants had been brightening up the city for the past 10 weeks to celebrate Mardi Gras’ 35th birthday. On Sunday, March 17, they lined the square in front of St Mary’s Cathedral in College St where residents were able to take them home for a gold coin donation to the Cancer Council NSW.
“Residents, workers and visitors in Sydney have been able to enjoy the beautiful displays spread across the city centre but now it’s time to use them to beautify other gardens and balconies,” Sydney Lord Mayor Clover Moore said.
“The giveaway, which happens twice a year, is a favourite part of the year for locals and visitors alike.
“It’s wonderful to see so many smiling, appreciative people come along to boost their gardens, and everyone gets to feel good about a gold coin donation for Cancer Council NSW.”