- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 1 day ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 1 day ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 1 day ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 1 day ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 1 day ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 1 day ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 2 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 2 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 2 days ago
- Calls for independent police oversightPosted 2 days ago
Fat Tuesday a hit
Prominent LGBTI charity the Aurora Group has announced it received donations of more $6,500 from its annual Fat Tuesday fundraising dinner. Hosted at Slide in Sydney on February 12, the dinner featured international cabaret performers Frisky and Mannish and raised funds for queer community organisations in NSW.
Now in its seventh year, money raised from the dinner will go towards funding youth counselling service Twenty10 as well as the Wayside Chapel, ACON, Cancer Council lesbian support groups and GenQ high school queer education programs.
Aurora Group chair Marcus Bourget said that the night, which hosted on Oxford St, Darlinghurst for the first time in three years, was “a huge success”.
“We had a wonderful turnout and it was a fabulous night for celebrating our community over Mardi Gras,” Bourget said.