- High Court overturns ACT’s same-sex marriage legislationPosted 12 hours ago
- Women said something … now women will film somethingPosted 2 days ago
- Pride TV launches in AustraliaPosted 2 days ago
- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 3 days ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 3 days ago
- Reynolds to lead National LGBTI Health AlliancePosted 3 days ago
- Proposed marriage referendum dismissed days after Croatia’sPosted 3 days ago
- Aussie Actor Harry Cook “I’m Gay”Posted 3 days ago
- My terror of crossing Oxford St at Mardi GrasPosted 3 days ago
- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 3 days ago
Pro bono financial help for community groups
Small community groups and not-for-profit organisations, including LGBTI groups, will have the opportunity to access specialised financial guidance and support through a new program launched by Pro Bono Australia and Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) Australia.
More than 200 accountants accredited by CPA have signed on to the new ‘Mentor the Treasurer’ national program that will see qualified CPA Australia members volunteer time and expertise to help guide and support the treasurers of not-for-profit organisations.
Small volunteer-run organisations and not-for-profits with five or less staff or an annual income of less than $100,000 are eligible to join the program.
CPA Australia general manager of public sector engagement Kerry Mayne said the scheme had already generated plenty of interest.
“Applications have been received from all over the country, and continue to roll in,” Mayne said. “One mentor even volunteered from Hong Kong.”
CPA mentor Lindsay Doig said mentoring people was a very rewarding experience for all involved.
“Helping to expand their knowledge, giving them the confidence to tackle more challenging tasks, and watching them develop and enjoy a previously-daunting role gives me, as a mentor, at least as much satisfaction as my mentees have enjoyed,” Doig said.
INFO: Visit here for further information on how to apply.