- Australia’s first same-sex marriages attract widespread supportPosted 2 days ago
- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 3 days ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 3 days ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 3 days ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 3 days ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 3 days ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 3 days ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 4 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 4 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 4 days ago
Mitcham to become a personal trainer
Gay Olympian and diving champion Matthew Mitcham has announced his entry into the fitness education industry with the unveiling of a national campaign with training provider FIAFitnation.
The recently inked deal will see Mitcham become the face of FIAFitnation’s health and fitness training package, the Gold Standard Trainer, through a national print, radio, outdoor and online campaign.
The partnership will also see Mitcham become a qualified personal trainer through FIAFitnation to complement his diving career.
“First and foremost, I’m eager to use the insights I gain to further refine my diving technique and help me hit the goals I’ve set for myself for the next phase of my diving career,” Mitcham said.
“I’ve been looking for some years for the right opportunity which allowed me to use my experience to help others, while accommodating my diving commitments.
“I want to inject lots of fun into my programs to encourage people to get excited about exercise.”
FIAFitnation CEO Carolyn Barker AM said partnering with Mitcham was a perfect fit for the fitness training provider.
“Matthew is the perfect embodiment of the spirit, focus and positivity we want to inspire in our students and graduates and we are delighted to be working together,” Barker said.
“As a gold medal winning champion who gave us one of the most memorable moments in Olympic history, we know his achievements and persona will appeal directly to the personal training market and those interested in a career in fitness.”