A free grief and bereavement seminar for same-sex couples wil be held in Kings Cross on April 21.
The Walter Carter Funerals Community Service Program provides information and strategies to help bereaved people, and those interested in supporting bereaved people, cope with loss, grief and bereavement.
This session has been specifically designed to support gay and lesbian couples to:
• Survive the expected or sudden death of a partner
• Cope with a partner’s family when there is lack of recognition of the relationship
• Restructure their life without their partner
• Manage disenfranchised grief
• Deal with matters after a partner has died (funeral arrangements, property, last requests, etc)
It will be held on Wednesday, 21 April from 7pm at The Rex Centre, Level 1, 58A Macleay Street, Kings Cross.
info: For more information or to register to attend phone 9389 3499, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.waltercarter.com.au.