- More DJs announced for official Mardi Gras PartyPosted 1 day ago
- Secretly filmed emotional coming out video to inspire othersPosted 1 day ago
- Gold, gold, gold for dragon boatersPosted 1 day ago
- Kelly Osbourne tweets Australian gay marriage supportPosted 1 day ago
- High Court overturns ACT’s same-sex marriage legislationPosted 1 day ago
- Women said something … now women will film somethingPosted 2 days ago
- Pride TV launches in AustraliaPosted 2 days ago
- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 3 days ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 3 days ago
- Stay socially connected to supportive friends and family for your mental healthPosted 3 days ago
Polish MP sacked for comments
Poland’s ruling Civic Platform party has sacked one of its MPs for making anti-gay comments during a live television broadcast.
“We can forget about gay men [marrying], but I would gladly watch lesbians,” Robert Wegrzyn told Poland’s TVN24 station.
“Human nature, human beings are made in such a way that we should live in a partnership according to nature. It [homosexuality] is a violation of the laws of nature.
“If somebody wants to live differently, that’s his problem but he should not flaunt it.”
Wegrzyn later apologised if any women had been offended.
“I am sorry if this joke insulted anybody because it really could have sounded sexist. That was not my intention,” he said.
“My views on relationships between two people are unchanging and conservative but this does not mean I am a homophobe or discriminate against anybody … I oppose discrimination against anybody on grounds of sexual orientation.”