- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 15 hours ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 2 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 2 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 6 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 7 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 7 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 9 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 10 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 13 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 13 days ago
Calling out for rookies
Ever wanted to try out rugby and live in Melbourne? The Melbourne Chargers rugby side is offering newcomers a chance to get a taste of rugby union and the Chargers at their Rugby 101 day. The team will give a brief introduction to the fundamentals to the sport, run some basic drills and introduce the rookies to the team’s current players, coaches and managers.
A ‘team building’ activity will follow with a presentation about the team’s history and future plans and round off with a question-and-answer session for the new players. A casual BBQ and drinks will wrap up the no-strings-attached day.
Last year, the Chargers travelled to the Bingham Cup in Manchester, UK for their first international tournament.
The Bingham Cup is an international rugby tournament for international gay rugby teams.
The Chargers Rugby 101 day is on Saturday, February 2 at Victory Square, Armadale from 1pm.