- Australia’s first same-sex marriages attract widespread supportPosted 2 days ago
- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 3 days ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 3 days ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 3 days ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 3 days ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 3 days ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 3 days ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 4 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 4 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 4 days ago
Ellen’s mum to visit PFLAG
Betty DeGeneres, mother of US talkshow host Ellen DeGeneres, will be visiting Australia with her daughter this month and has agreed to attend the March meeting of NSW’s Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG).
An active member of PFLAG USA, Betty DeGeneres hails from New Orleans and is the first non-gay spokeswoman for the Human Rights Campaign’s National Coming Out Project.
She first came to the public’s attention following her daughter’s groundbreaking coming out in 1997.
Another famous mum, Greens leader Christine Milne, joined the PFLAG contingent for the Sydney Mardi Gras Parade earlier this month.
The meeting of PFLAG NSW will be held on Saturday, March 23 at 2pm in the Conference Room, Wesley Lodge Motel (cnr. Hawkesbury and Queens roads, Westmead).
INFO: Contact Judy on (02) 9869 1454 or visit www.pflagaustralia.org.au