- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 13 hours ago
- Donate to Community Brave to help combat teen bullying and homophobiaPosted 17 hours ago
- BootCo Industriel TinselPosted 1 day ago
- Midsumma LaunchPosted 1 day ago
- GLBN Christmas PartyPosted 1 day ago
- Queerscreen Trivia @ Warren View Hotel EnmorePosted 1 day ago
- Imperial Hotel VIP 30th BirthdayPosted 1 day ago
- Weekend @ The LairdPosted 1 day ago
- Queerscreen Fundraiser PreviewPosted 1 day ago
- OX livePosted 1 day ago
Support group launched
A new discussion and support group has been created for negative partners of HIV-positive gay men in Cairns, and aims to raise awareness, education and offer help and assistance.
A new initiative of the Queensland Association for Healthy Communities (QAHC) and their Men4Men project, the ‘Negative Partners Group’ is for any negative partner in a serodiscordant relationship in Cairns. The group will focus on improving participant’s knowledge about HIV transmission, prevention and safe sex within a relationship.
The group will also aim to establish a peer support network for negative partners who need to access specific health information or seek help and assistance from someone in the same situation.
Four meetings have so far been proposed as a starting point for the group with more sessions possible. The mostly participant-driven sessions will be held on Wednesdays from 6-8pm, starting on March 13 for four weeks.
To register for the group, contact Nick Connor at email@example.com