- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 15 hours ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 2 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 2 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 6 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 7 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 7 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 9 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 10 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 13 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 13 days ago
So the silly season is just about over — we’re heading back to work, home from holidays and into the swing of everyday life. Of course, that means one thing: Mardi Gras is around the corner!
A festival of wonderful GLBTIQ events: theatre, music, parties, Fair Day and, of course, the Parade. The Parade is a chance to celebrate our identities, have our message heard, protest and party.
It can also be a confronting time of year. You might feel extra pressure around coming out, relationship issues, partying, or other things. As always GLCS is available for advice, some support, or just a friendly ear. Talking helps!
GLCS will be marching in the parade, especially celebrating 40 years of CAMP (Campaign Against Moral Persecution). GLCS will have a stall at Fair Day with information on our service. Come by and say hello!
Also in honour of 40 years of CAMP, GLCS will be hosting an exhibition of material from the history of CAMP and GLCS. The first group to be run by openly homosexual people, one of the initiatives created by CAMP was Phone-a-Friend, a service which went on to become the Gay and Lesbian Counselling Service.
The exhibition will be an amazing chance to see some rare parts of GLBTIQ activism history.
The exhibition will be held in the Aurora Room, 43 Bedford St, Newtown, March 9-11. Full details will be advertised shortly.
We also have new opening hours for the New Year:
Our general line is open daily from 5.30pm-9.30pm: (02) 8594 9596 or 1800 184 527 (regional Freecall).
Lesbian Line is open Mondays from 5.30pm-9.30pm: (02) 8594 9595 or 1800 144 527 (regional Freecall).
By ASHA ZAPPA, GLCS Admin Assistant. info: Visit www.glcsnsw.org.au, firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 8594 9500 (Tue – Fri)