- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 2 days ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 3 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 4 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 8 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 9 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 9 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 10 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 11 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 14 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 15 days ago
Stress less with ACON
Nowra is getting a new GLBT youth group. After several years in hiatus, Nowra’s LGBT Youth Group returns newer, bigger and better than ever on Thursday, October 27 at 4.30pm.
If you’re under 24 and want to meet with like-minded young people in a safe place, contact Jess at Nowra Youth Centre (02 4422 1988) for more details or head down on the day.
October is Mental Health Month and Wednesday, October 12 (today) is Stress Less Day.
As part of recognising the importance of managing mental health, ACON Illawarra is holding Stress Less Day activities from 1.30pm in the Community Space.
There will be information and afternoon tea, and an amazing yoga instructor, Claire, will offer some gentle exercises at 2pm. There will be giveaways and good company.
Please let anyone know they are welcome to attend and we look forward to seeing you. For more information, questions about mental health, or to chat with our client services officer Peita, please call 02 4226 1163.
Are you from the Albury-Wodonga area? Interested in getting more involved with your local LGTBI community? Are you organised? Do you enjoy working in teams? Can you spare around two hours a week to help organise and run events that promote and support health and wellbeing, pride, friendship and fun for members of your local LGTBI community?
Yes? Hume Phoenix would love to hear from you!
Hume Phoenix, a long-running LGBT group, is looking for a new events coordinator for their committee to serve out the rest of 2011. This is a very active group, with ongoing well-established events and a committee to help support you in bringing together engaging activities for the Albury community.
Please email any queries or expressions of interest to:
Kelly Dwyer (publicity officer) email@example.com
Steve Onley (male convenor) firstname.lastname@example.org
Toni Johnson (female convenor) email@example.com
INFO: For more about groups, services or organisations in the Southern Region, contact ACON on 02 4226 1163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Trevor Slattery is the Education and Community Development Officer at ACON’s Illawarra Office.