- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 4 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 5 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 5 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 6 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 7 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 10 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 11 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 12 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 13 days ago
- Mixed messages on marriage free vote?Posted 13 days ago
Recognising our elders
To celebrate International Women’s Day, women will be flocking to Nowra Showground Pavilion on Saturday, March 10 for a night of dancing and live entertainment.
At $15 a head with dancing lessons and light supper provided (BYO drinks), this wome
n’s-only event is sure to rock your socks off! More info: 02 4422 0103
Hume Phoenix will host a free family BBQ (vegie options available) for LGBTI people, their families and friends at Noreuil Park, Lincoln Causeway, Albury on Friday, March 2, 6.30–8.30pm.
Everyone welcome. Come down, bring the soccer ball and have some fun!
This will be followed by the Hume Phoenix General Meeting on Tuesday, March 6, 6.30-7.30pm at Gateway Community Health, Wodonga (at the rear of the building). This is a great opportunity to have your say in how Hume Phoenix serves the LGBTI community in Albury-Wodonga.
Seniors Week (March 18 – 25) is a time when we recognise the valuable contributions our community elders continue to make as volunteers, groundbreakers and mentors. Elders of our LGBT community are invited to a picnic at McCabe Park, Wollongong on Tuesday, March 20, from 11am. Bring a friend and some of your favourite music and look for the rainbow flag. For more info and to RSVP for catering, please call 02 4226 1163.
ACON Southern Region and partners will host their second retreat for HIV positive gay men living in NSW’s southern regions from March 23 – 15. The focus of this retreat will be to relax, meet other men with similar experiences and learn about healthy living and reducing stress. There’s a pool party on Saturday night and workshops on HIV updates, healthy eating and cooking and living well with HIV.
Applications close on March 8. Please contact email@example.com or call 02 4226 1163 for more information.
INFO: For more about groups, services or organisations in the Southern Region, contact ACON on 02 4226 1163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Trevor Slattery is a Community Health Promotion Officer at ACON’s Illawarra branch.