- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 21 hours ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 2 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 3 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 7 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 8 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 8 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 9 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 10 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 13 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 14 days ago
After the party’s over
Anytime is a good time for a holiday, but post Mardi Gras is one of the best. If you’ve overindulged, this is the opportunity to find a tranquil spot and relax. To detox. To only eat ‘superfoods’ and drink just water.
But wait! Depending on your destination, the local water may not be safe. Don’t forget this when ordering drinks (No ice, thanks!) or when brushing your teeth (use bottled water). Also keep in mind when picking your tranquil destination that places like Brunei, Oman, Sudan, Yemen and the United Arab Emirates have active anti-HIV tourist restrictions.
These are some considerations we have gathered together in an article for the positive traveller in the autumn edition of Positive Living.
We also look at the treatments of tomorrow and what’s on the horizon for us here in Australia. How far away is the next ‘one-pill once-a-day’? And will it be any better than the ones we’ve already got?
A couple of readers provide their remarkable stories—one on his plight to get on the Disability Support Pension and the other on his stunning results from trying a radical form of antiretroviral therapy .
Plus, Jae Condon joins the Positive Living team with an informative piece on the risks of sexually transmitted hepatitis C.
And we’ve got a delicious recipe using the ‘superfood’ beetroot. You could try making it on your holiday.
Adrian Ogier is the editor of Positive Living, NAPWHA’s health, treatments and research magazine out next Friday in the Star Observer