- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 19 hours ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 20 hours ago
- Reynolds to lead National LGBTI Health AlliancePosted 20 hours ago
- Proposed marriage referendum dismissed days after Croatia’sPosted 1 day ago
- Aussie Actor Harry Cook “I’m Gay”Posted 1 day ago
- My terror of crossing Oxford St at Mardi GrasPosted 2 days ago
- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 2 days ago
- Donate to Community Brave to help combat teen bullying and homophobiaPosted 2 days ago
- BootCo Industriel TinselPosted 2 days ago
- Midsumma LaunchPosted 2 days ago
Calendar time again
Yes folks, that’s right! The annual Staying Negative calendar is in production for another year and it’s even better than before.
The Staying Negative campaign produces a calendar every year which showcases the 12 stories that were published the previous year. There are more than 60 stories on the site from both positive and negative gay and bisexual men, who generously share their journey through life and the gay world.
Have a look at the 2011 Staying Negative calendarif you haven’t already seen it.
As well as featuring lots of topless boys, the calendar features the birthdays of our favourite gay icons, the community events for the year as well as other notable events.
This year’s participants are: Lawrence, a cleaner/ swimming coach/ parent from Frankston; Darren, a trans personal counsellor and a member of the Positive Speakers Bureau; Sam, the president of Melbourne Chargers; Glenn, who was a promiscuous problem child; Jim, who tried to butch it up to avoid bullying; James, who doesn’t like using condoms; Michael, a recovering alcoholic in an open relationship; Ben, a frequent user of Gay.com; Wayne, the creator of www.comingout.com.au; Paul, a previous Christian believer; Matt, this year’s Mr Australasia Bear and, last but not least, Matt number two, who loves his bad boys.
To pick up your free calendar, contact usdirectly or visit our stall at this year’s Peel St Pride Fair. The calendar can also be collected from the Peter Knight Centre, the Positive Living Centre, The Centre
Clinic, Hares & Hyenas, or the Northside Clinic.
I would also like to add a big thank you to all those organisations helping to distribute the calendars.
Due to popular demand we have produced even more calendars, however, they tend to go very fast, so it’s a good idea to get in there early. If collecting the calendar at one of the clinics, it’s also a good chance to get a pre-Christmas STI check-up.
If you would like to participate in the campaign and be in next year’s calendar, contact me at email@example.com
Alternatively, we welcome you to come and chat with us at our stall at Peel St Pride Fair on December 11.
To stay up-to-date with what’s happening in the campaign and be notified when new stories are uploaded, follow me on Twitter @stayingnegtve
I hope to see you on December 11.
INFO: Ilan Werbeloff is a health promoter for the Victorian AIDS Council/Gay Men’s Health Centre.