- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 1 day ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 1 day ago
- Reynolds to lead National LGBTI Health AlliancePosted 1 day ago
- Proposed marriage referendum dismissed days after Croatia’sPosted 2 days ago
- Aussie Actor Harry Cook “I’m Gay”Posted 2 days ago
- My terror of crossing Oxford St at Mardi GrasPosted 2 days ago
- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 2 days ago
- Donate to Community Brave to help combat teen bullying and homophobiaPosted 2 days ago
- BootCo Industriel TinselPosted 3 days ago
- Midsumma LaunchPosted 3 days ago
The Harbour City Bears have a number of exciting things in the pipeline, including the return of its popular Play Party at Headquarters on November 5 as well as taking our legendary Chunky party to Adelaide on November 26 for the Bearstock festival.
Looking further ahead, HCB, with the support of ACON, is proud to be putting together a number of community-focused projects, starting with a sexual health campaign targeted specifically at the Bear community. Across the board, the rates of sexually transmissible infections are on the rise, and the Bear community is no different.
With this in mind, HCB believes a Bear-focused campaign is needed to remind our members of the importance of safer sexual health habits.
With planning of our popular Bear Essentials festival well underway, in the coming months you’ll notice we’ve added events designed to connect with our community in a more educational way. Once again, with ACON’s support, we are working on a community forums program on such topics as domestic violence in same-sex couples, street safety and self-defence.
These community forums will be a feature early on in our festival so keep them in mind.
Marcus Pastorelli is vice president of Harbour City Bears.