- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 1 day ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 2 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 6 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 7 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 7 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 8 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 9 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 12 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 13 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 14 days ago
From The Hall Of Evil
What do the notorious 2GB radio host, Alan Jones, anti-gay ex-Liberal senator Cory ‘likens same-sex marriage to bestiality’ Bernardi, and the openly-gay Queen loving queen, David Flint, have in common?
It has been announced that these three heroes of the ignorant and small minded will be coming together to form the group known only as CANdo, the antithesis and not-as-well named version of the beloved lefty-activist group, GetUp!
Very similar to the American tea-party group, and having obviously learned nothing from their swift rise and fall, these three will be campaigning against the progressive legalisation of same-sex marriage and pushing for tougher policies against asylum seekers and immigrants.
I hear they’ll also be lobbying for the return of corporal punishment, but I presume that’s a joke.
Actually, it all sounds like a pretty bad joke to me and I’m left hoping Pauline Hanson can join in on this, after all, they’ll need a Sarah Palin on the team!
She could replace Bernardi because I doubt Tony Abbott’s going to listen to anything he has to say since the slamming Abbott gave him after he made comments that same-sex marriage would inevitably lead to the legalisation of bestiality.
Maybe they’ll be attempting to appeal more to Bob Katter’s ‘The Australia Party’, but even the mere thought of that should be, as Katter himself once chuckled so repulsively: ‘laughed at and ridiculed.’
We’ve been dealing with Jones, right-wing politicians and a whole zoo of non-progressive climate change naysayers for years, really this is just more of the same and I don’t think we have anything to fear.
Watch as these three stooges slowly become irrelevant, like their views.