- Wyatt Roy announces equal marriage supportPosted 3 days ago
- Scouts partially drop gay banPosted 3 days ago
- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 5 days ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 6 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 6 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 10 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 11 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 12 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 13 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 14 days ago
In a galaxy far, far away…
As a planet, Earth is pretty far behind when it comes to gay rights.
But did you know that a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, where aliens from thousands of planets co-existed with one another, homosexuals and their romances were only ever allowed on one planet?
According to video game developer Bioware’s recent entry in the Star Wars universe, Star Wars: The Old Republic, the planet ‘Makeb’ is the only place in the whole galaxy where homo-action ever occurred.
In a world where you can zip from one planet to another in mere seconds, cloning is performed en masse, incestuous kisses are ignored as if they never happened and Jesus never existed (as far as I’m aware) I find it hard to believe that homosexuality could even be considered an issue worth debating.
Same-Gender Romances (SGR), as Bioware calls it, has been a feature that fans of the series had been asking developers of the game to implement since it went into beta, but when the game came out last year it was nowhere to be seen.
Strangely, Bioware has had a pretty rainbow-friendly history having included same-sex content in their video games including Mass Effect 2’s famed lesbian-alien sex scene, so why would Bioware care so much?
Fox News reported that some fans of the series unified against same-sex relationships arguing that, ‘Star Wars is a family based story with nothing to do with SGR.’
Obviously ignoring that the game has been rated ‘T for Teen’ by the ESRB with warnings of ‘Blood and Gore, Mild Language, Sexual Themes and Violence,’ and with that rating I highly doubt this game is meant to be a friendly ‘sit-down with mum and play’ kind of game, but I digress.
Dubbed ‘gay-to-play’, if you want to be gay in the Star Wars universe it’s gonna cost you and will only appear in the soon to be released expansion pack ‘Rise Of The Hutt Cartel.’
May the force be with you…