- Wyatt Roy announces equal marriage supportPosted 10 hours ago
- Scouts partially drop gay banPosted 16 hours ago
- Police call for tougher hate crime sentencingPosted 3 days ago
- Rudd reverses gay marriage positionPosted 4 days ago
- Gay-friendly businesses celebratedPosted 4 days ago
- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 8 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 9 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 9 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 11 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 12 days ago
Hola, Señor Papa
In the days since the new Pope was elected, a fairly clear picture has emerged of the kind of guy Argentinian Cardinal Bergolio will be: he rides on buses, he’s pretty old, and he’s predictably conservative. So...
- Posted 66 days ago
Boys, girls and taking the piss
Last weekend my boyfriend and I packed up his car and drove to Daylesford for ChillOut; four days of drinking, camping and browsing the kind of antique stores gays retire to the country to run. We camped...
- Posted 72 days ago
Goodbye, Mr Pope
The closest I ever got to Pope Benedict XVI was on a trip to Rome in 2009. My visit was an anticipated stop on a pretentious European holiday, and I figured the crypts beneath St Peter’s Basilica...
- Posted 80 days ago
Superman versus the gays
A few weeks ago, American publishing company DC Comics announced they were hiring science fiction author and well-known homophobe Orson Scott Card to write a Superman comic. It hasn’t gone down very well. In the US, a...
- Posted 85 days ago
I now pronounce you partner and partner
Despite recent advances towards marriage equality in the US over the last year, married same-sex couples faced opposition last week from an unlikely source: the Associated Press (AP). A leaked internal memo outlined the American news agency’s...
- Posted 96 days ago
Smutting up and coming out
When straight people ask how old I was when I came out, I’m never sure what to say. As most queers will understand, coming out isn’t something you do just once. I can remember the first time,...
- Posted 100 days ago