- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 14 hours ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 15 hours ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 19 hours ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 20 hours ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 20 hours ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 21 hours ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 2 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 2 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 2 days ago
- Calls for independent police oversightPosted 2 days ago
Designer Beard Surgery the latest trend
According to a report in the UK’s Daily Mail, the number of men opting for a ‘beard transplant’ in the past year has skyrocketed.
The designer beard has been in fashion for a while now, and it is being reflected in surgeries.
Doctor Bessam Farjo, who pioneered the world’s first facial hair transplant in 1996, said:
“A full beard is very much a statement look, and it goes in and out of fashion. For the last 12 to 18 months, there has been a noticeable rise in the number of men coming to my practice wanting to fill in bald patches or thicken wisps of hair.
‘Whilst many men may be looking for full fop of facial fuzz, the majority of patients seeking facial hair transplantation do so to fill gaps and create ‘designer stubble’,” Farjo said.
Farjo claims that he’s seen a “six-fold” increase in these procedures in the past five years. Hair transplant procedures are the most popular form of cosmetic surgery for men in the UK.
Here are some of our favourite celebrity designer beards: