- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 13 hours ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 14 hours ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 19 hours ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 20 hours ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 20 hours ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 21 hours ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 2 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 2 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 2 days ago
- Calls for independent police oversightPosted 2 days ago
Girl Scout Cookies “promote lesbianism”
American pastor and host of radio show ‘Generations Radio’ Kevin Swanson is back offending the LGBTI community this week, claiming that he will no longer buy girl scout cookies because doing so promotes ‘lesbianism’, abortion and planned parenthood.
“The individualism of feminism has been devastating to this country. I’d say you ought to say no the Girl Scout cookies, too,” Swanson noted. “I don’t want to support lesbianism, I don’t want to support Planned Parenthood and I don’t want to support abortion, and if that be the case I’m not buying Girl Scout cookies.”
His radio co-host, pastor Dave Buehner, added: “At some point a Christian has to say, ‘the earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof,’ and where you spend your money does count.”
Last month Swanson blamed the LGBTI community for the floods in Colorado.
This isn’t the first time the Girl Scouts have been targeted on LGBTI issues, but their Boy Scouts counterparts have endured criticism for years for their historic negative handling of gay youth members.
The Girl Scouts have never objected to openly gay participants. “We recognise the basic human rights of all people, including lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals,” reads the Girl Scout mission statement. “All citizens, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, have the right to housing, employment, and to be free from violence and harassment.”
Swanson said he would still buy Girl Scout cookies, but only if he could grab a “big black magic marker” and scratch out all reference to the Girl Scout organisation because he does not promote a “wicked” organisation that does not promote “godly womanhood”.