- More DJs announced for official Mardi Gras PartyPosted 13 hours ago
- Secretly filmed emotional coming out video to inspire othersPosted 13 hours ago
- Gold, gold, gold for dragon boatersPosted 13 hours ago
- Kelly Osbourne tweets Australian gay marriage supportPosted 15 hours ago
- High Court overturns ACT’s same-sex marriage legislationPosted 18 hours ago
- Women said something … now women will film somethingPosted 2 days ago
- Pride TV launches in AustraliaPosted 2 days ago
- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 3 days ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 3 days ago
- Stay socially connected to supportive friends and family for your mental healthPosted 3 days ago
What if god was gay?
What if you were told that god was gay? That’s the opening line from student Elloit Darrow’s entry in the 2013 College Unions Poetry Slam Invitational at Barnard College in New York.
In the three-minute poem, Darrow analyses the Bible and draws reference to gay life.
“God gave us the rainbow/As a promise that we will never be flooded again/Either with rain or ignorance/And now all the homosexual Homo sapiens/Stand more united under God’s rainbow/Than all of his denominations do around the Cross.”
Time Magazine noted that Darrow identifies as both a straight man and an “out Christian”.
“God created the heavens and the earth and it was … fabulous!”