- More DJs announced for official Mardi Gras PartyPosted 23 hours ago
- Secretly filmed emotional coming out video to inspire othersPosted 23 hours ago
- Gold, gold, gold for dragon boatersPosted 24 hours ago
- Kelly Osbourne tweets Australian gay marriage supportPosted 1 day ago
- High Court overturns ACT’s same-sex marriage legislationPosted 1 day ago
- Women said something … now women will film somethingPosted 2 days ago
- Pride TV launches in AustraliaPosted 2 days ago
- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 3 days ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 3 days ago
- Stay socially connected to supportive friends and family for your mental healthPosted 3 days ago
Lovely to have your company once again.
I’ve had such a good time of it recently and it doesn’t look like life is about to slow down anytime soon. It’s Pride March on Sunday in Melbourne and I’ll be showing my multi-coloured face to everyone. It’s a chance for all the various community groups to get the flags and banners out and to march with pride in your heart.
Don’t forget, you lot, that I’m always looking for something happening out your back door, just send me an e-mail.
Out Cairns’ Retro Party
The team behind Out Cairns are back with another monthly party and this time the theme is Retro. They are always well attended as it’s only a monthly event. I’ve done a few of them and they go down a treat. It’s all happening at the Buddha Bar and after the controversial New Year’s Eve party, this one has a lot to live up to – but fear not I’ve seen the DJ line-up and there’s a few other surprises in store if I know Out Cairns. Retro: “A style from the recent past”. Ring your Mum and Dad.
Mardi Gras Fair Day
It’s almost time for Fair Day again and it’s going to be a big one by all accounts. Well why not, as it’s really the official launch of Mardi gras and has crowds of around 70,000. It’s a real mix of the whole community too and Victoria Park comes alive. Once again the dogs will be let out for the dog show Doggywood and it’s the perfect way for your pampered pooch to feel like even more of a celebrity. There are performances throughout the day and you may even see the odd drag queen or king. Dress to impress or for comfort – it’s up to you – but Mrs and Mrs Fair Day will be crowned on the day, so there’s no reason that you couldn’t be hot stuff.
Hair: The Musical
Until February 17
Midsumma still keeps on rockin’ with shows like Hair only just recently opened. It’s the musical that shocked audiences back in the late ‘60s and tells the story of a group of hippies who live in New York and fight conscription to the Vietnam war. It also has plenty of sex, drugs and rock’n’roll, so I’m going. It has some great music with songs such as Aquarius, Let the Sunshine In and I Got Life. The cast is extremely good and the vocals are top notch. Chapel off Chapel will come alive. Look out for the nude scene but remember it’s rude to stare… or take pictures.