- Australia’s first same-sex marriages attract widespread supportPosted 18 hours ago
- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 2 days ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 2 days ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 2 days ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 2 days ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 2 days ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 2 days ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 3 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 3 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 3 days ago
What’s On Fleet Week: The Imperial Hotel
The Imperial presents two special events for the long weekend. Friday night starts off with the new show Diamond In The Rough, starring Decoda Secret as a modern day Marilyn Monroe. Bringing some of the traditional drag glamour back to the stage, the show stars four of the most talented male dancers in the country. These stunning boys are Heath Keating, James Maxfield, Jason Jowett and the show’s producer Wil Sabin. Between the four of them their resumes read like a list of the world’s biggest stars – dancing for artists including Kylie Minogue, Kesha, Taylor Swift and Deborah Cox.
The first show has a classic spin, featuring Marilyn’s classics Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend and I Wanna be Loved by You and finishing with some showstoppers from the award-winning TV show ‘Smash’. The second show is much darker – think New York, think underground, think Paris in the 1920s. Mixed with today’s hottest hits, including Britney’s controversial hit Work Bitch, this is a show you’ll keep coming back to.
Drop in and strip down on Saturday night for Rezerection, the original men-only underwear and swimwear dance party, featuring special guest Spencer Reed, international porn star and DJ. Dress code is strictly enforced and limited to underwear, footy shorts, jock straps, butt-less briefs, wrestling suits and swimwear.