Popular entertainment blog Idolator has put together a list of their favourite album covers of 2010.
Coming in first place is Goldfrapp’s pretty Head First cover, which the website likened to “staring at a sunset”.
Next on the list was Maroon 5’s simultaneously sexy and disturbing Hands All Over cover, followed by Robyn’s quirky trio of Body Talk albums.
They also singled out Christina Aguilera’s sexy fembot themed Bionic and Nicki Minaj’s kooky Pink Friday cover.
It’s pretty hard to argue with any of those selections but Bruno Mars’ plain Doo-Wops & Hooligans and Kanye West’s My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy?
Not as easy to get behind those choices.
Here’s the full list:
1. Goldfrapp – Head First
2. Maroon 5 – Hands All Over
3. Robyn – Body Talk (Parts 1, 2 and 3)
4. Kid Cudi – Man On The Moon II: The Legend Of Mr Rager
5. Bruno Mars – Doo-wops & Hooligans
6. Christina Aguilera – Bionic
7. Kanye West – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
8. Nicki Minaj – Pink Friday
9. Weezer – Hurley
10. Katy Perry – Teenage Dream
Check out Idolator for all the covers and commentary.
And give Rocket from Goldfrapp’s winning album another look – the phallic video holds up to repeated viewings!