COME out and celebrate queer culture in a literary salon that combines revelation with a shot of revelry.
[showads ad=MREC]Hosted by Benjamin Law, the night will feature interviews, readings, true tales, live illustration and special guests Jack Andraka, Rebecca Starford, Sam Wallman and Sarah Waters.
This is an official event of the Melbourne Writers Festival.
Queer Literary Salon
WHERE: The Toff in Town, Melbourne
WHEN: Saturday, August 29
TIME: 7pm. Doors and bar open 6.30pm for pre-event drinks.
Details and bookings: mwf.com.au/session/queer-literary-salon-2
COMPETITION! The Star Observer is offering one lucky reader special prize package that includes:
- Two tickets to MWF’s Queer Literary Salon
- $100 worth of Dymocks vouchers
- Three limited edition Melbourne Writers Festival Moleskine notebooks
- A twin-pack of Mount Langi Ghiran wine
- PLUS, the winner and their guest will be invited to join the Queer Literary Salon panel for drinks at The Toff in Town one hour prior to the event.
To win, all you have to do is answer this question: Sarah Waters’ best-selling debut Tipping the Velvet was made into a hit TV series of the same name, and Benjamin Law’s Family Law is set to grace our small screens soon, too. What queer book would you like to see made into a TV series, and who would play the leading role?
The person with the most creative answer will win. Competition closes Monday, August 3 at 10am.
To enter, send an email to [email protected] with “Queer Salon competition” in the subject headline. Good luck!
The Star Observer is a media partner of Melbourne Writers Festival[showads ad=FOOT]