The general public may not be invited to the newest party on the Mardi Gras calendar.

A source close to New Mardi Gras has told Sydney Star Observer the new party, planned for after the 2010 parade on February 28, may not be open to the general public, but rather members and volunteers only.

New Mardi Gras declined to comment on whether this would be the case.

“There will be an event after the parade. The exact format of that event will be announced soon,” NMG co-chair Steph Sands said.

“While we are still finalising the event, our volunteers, parade participants and members are our first priority. There may be opportunities for general admission also.”

Details for the event – venue, prices, entertainment – are yet to be confirmed, despite claims by former chair David Imrie in May this year that the new party had been “in planning for months”.

© Star Observer 2022 | For the latest in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex (LGBTIQ) news in Australia, be sure to visit starobserver.com.au daily. You can also read our latest magazines or Join us on our Facebook page and Twitter feed.