- More DJs announced for official Mardi Gras PartyPosted 20 hours ago
- Secretly filmed emotional coming out video to inspire othersPosted 20 hours ago
- Gold, gold, gold for dragon boatersPosted 20 hours ago
- Kelly Osbourne tweets Australian gay marriage supportPosted 21 hours ago
- High Court overturns ACT’s same-sex marriage legislationPosted 1 day ago
- Women said something … now women will film somethingPosted 2 days ago
- Pride TV launches in AustraliaPosted 2 days ago
- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 3 days ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 3 days ago
- Stay socially connected to supportive friends and family for your mental healthPosted 3 days ago
Wentworth Miller opens up on teen bullying, suicide attempts
According to gossip website TMZ newly out Hollywood star Wentworth Miller had tried to commit suicide on several occasions because he could not handle keeping his sexual identity a secret.
Miller revealed his troubled past at the Human Rights Campaign Dinner in Seattle Saturday night, saying his first suicide attempt was when he was 15.
The former ‘Prison Break’ star, who recently came out as gay, has revealed he first attempted suicide when he was 15 because he couldn’t handle keeping his sexual identity a secret.
He said: ”Every day was a test and there were a thousand ways to fail, a thousand ways to betray yourself, to not live up to someone else’s standard of what was acceptable or what was normal.
”The first time I tried to kill myself I was 15. I waited till my family went away for the weekend and I was alone in the house and I swallowed a bottle of pills. I don’t remember what happened over the next couple of days but I’m pretty sure come Monday morning I was on the bus back to school pretending everything was fine.”
If you need help, support or advice in a personal crisis call lifeline on 13 11 14 or visit www.lifeline.org.au