- Australia’s first same-sex marriages attract widespread supportPosted 12 hours ago
- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 2 days ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 2 days ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 2 days ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 2 days ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 2 days ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 2 days ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 3 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 3 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 3 days ago
Christian group: recriminalise homosexuality
A spokesman for the conservative Christian group the American Family Association (AFA) has called for the reinstatement of laws criminalising homosexuality in the US.
Bryan Fischer told listeners on his radio show Monday that from the time of America’s founding until the late 20th century, homosexual activity was a felony offence in the United States of America and that “there is no reason why it cannot be a criminal offence once again, absolutely none”.
The last remaining sodomy laws – which were in place in 14 states – were overturned in 2003 with the Supreme Court’s ruling on Lawrence v. Texas.
At the time the AFA publicly condemned the decision, saying the ruling was tantamount to “tyranny”.
Watch the video with Fischer’s comments below: