- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 3 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 4 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 4 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 5 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 6 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 9 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 10 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 11 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 12 days ago
- Mixed messages on marriage free vote?Posted 12 days ago
Christian group: recriminalise homosexuality
A spokesman for the conservative Christian group the American Family Association (AFA) has called for the reinstatement of laws criminalising homosexuality in the US.
Bryan Fischer told listeners on his radio show Monday that from the time of America’s founding until the late 20th century, homosexual activity was a felony offence in the United States of America and that “there is no reason why it cannot be a criminal offence once again, absolutely none”.
The last remaining sodomy laws – which were in place in 14 states – were overturned in 2003 with the Supreme Court’s ruling on Lawrence v. Texas.
At the time the AFA publicly condemned the decision, saying the ruling was tantamount to “tyranny”.
Watch the video with Fischer’s comments below: