- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 22 hours ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 22 hours ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 1 day ago
- Calls for independent police oversightPosted 1 day ago
- Christine fostering a good runPosted 1 day ago
- Star Observer issue 1204Posted 1 day ago
- Grindr makes us healthier and better lookingPosted 2 days ago
- Tom Daley’s male partner revealedPosted 2 days ago
- Under The MirrorballPosted 2 days ago
- Same-sex marriage in the ACT will be legal – for five days at leastPosted 3 days ago
1D’s Liam Payne responds to Larry ‘shippers’ suicide rumours
One Direction band member Liam Payne has spoken out with concern over rumours that 14 One Direction fans have committed suicide after watching the documentary ‘Crazy About One Direction,’ Tweeting:
Not really sure what’s going on right now I just hope everyone’s ok xx
The documentary is centred around the obsessive nature of 1D fans and the lengths that they will go to to see the boys live.
After the documentary aired in the UK on Channel 4 last Thursday night, devoted fans started Tweeting the hashtag ‘#RIPLarryShippers,’ which ended up trending worldwide.
So who is Larry Shippers? That answer involves more of a “what” than a “who”. It’s a sub-group of 1D fans who fantasise about a “bromance” or gay relationship between two of the band’s members, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson.
The trend related to rumours that 14 Larry ‘shippers’ had taken their lives after seeing the documentary. This number rose to 28, and then 42 by Friday morning.
At this point there is no confirmation that any fans have committed suicide as a result of the documentary.
The rest of the band has so far remained quiet about the speculation.
If you or someone you know may be at risk of suicide contact LifeLine Australia on 13 11 14.