- Australia’s first same-sex marriages attract widespread supportPosted 24 hours ago
- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 2 days ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 2 days ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 2 days ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 2 days ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 2 days ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 2 days ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 3 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 3 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 3 days ago
Pride flag investigation
The US military is investigating photographs that appear to show a soldier raising a gay pride flag at a base in Afghanistan.
The three images were originally posted on the wall of a Facebook group called Wipeout Homophobia by Nicole Jodice, who described the images with the caption, “Hubbie in Afghanistan raising a gay pride flag”.
Far-right anti-gay religious lobby the Family Research Council (FRC) was quick to slam the images.
“There, in the dusty desert of war, an army outpost saluted the colours of the homosexual lobby by flying a rainbow flag in place of Old Glory,” FRC’s Tony Perkins said.
“These displays are an uncomfortable reminder of the open policy that few of the troops support.”
Perkins also blamed US President Barack Obama for being intolerant toward religious freedom.
Fox News reported that the International Security Assistance Force is investigating the images but was unsure of the details.
Perkins said flying the rainbow flag was tantamount to the controversial Koran-burning incident in February.
“What price will we pay because some want to use the military to show their gay pride?” he asked.