- More DJs announced for official Mardi Gras PartyPosted 24 hours ago
- Secretly filmed emotional coming out video to inspire othersPosted 24 hours ago
- Gold, gold, gold for dragon boatersPosted 24 hours ago
- Kelly Osbourne tweets Australian gay marriage supportPosted 1 day ago
- High Court overturns ACT’s same-sex marriage legislationPosted 1 day ago
- Women said something … now women will film somethingPosted 2 days ago
- Pride TV launches in AustraliaPosted 2 days ago
- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 3 days ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 3 days ago
- Stay socially connected to supportive friends and family for your mental healthPosted 3 days ago
Turtle Cove gets new shell
Gay and lesbian beach resort Turtle Cove will shut its doors in February for its regular series of yearly renovations.
Reopening in time for the post-Sydney Mardi Gras crowds, the Cairns resort will be closed from February 6 – 23.
“It’s the low and wet season, but it also gives us a chance to update the premises,” resort manager Bert Gerbrand told the Star Observer.
“We’ll be upgrading rooms, putting new TVs and furniture in and new deckings on the front units, as well as the usual repainting jobs.”
The upgrades come as the new management attempts to step up its marketing to special-interest LGBT groups and younger travellers.
“The locals are coming back, and we’re seeing a younger crowd coming too,” Gerbrand said.
“We’ll be having special events at Easter and the Queen’s Birthday, and then we’ll be having Bear and women-specific events later in the year, which is something to look out for.”