- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 1 day ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 1 day ago
- Reynolds to lead National LGBTI Health AlliancePosted 1 day ago
- Proposed marriage referendum dismissed days after Croatia’sPosted 2 days ago
- Aussie Actor Harry Cook “I’m Gay”Posted 2 days ago
- My terror of crossing Oxford St at Mardi GrasPosted 2 days ago
- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 2 days ago
- Donate to Community Brave to help combat teen bullying and homophobiaPosted 2 days ago
- BootCo Industriel TinselPosted 3 days ago
- Midsumma LaunchPosted 3 days ago
Cher explains why gay men love her
Whilst accepting the 2013 ‘Legend’ award from gay British magazine Attitude Awards in London, gay icon Cher spoke out on why she believes that gay men and the gay community have loved her for the span of her career.
“Gay men especially … either love you or they don’t even notice that you’re on the planet. I think what you guys like, is you like a strong woman that’s having a breakdown constantly, and that certainly is me. Judy Garland’s got nothing on me.”
Cher attributed her love for gay men to her first experience of meeting them: “I was nine years old and my mother had these two friends who came over…they were hairdressers of course … who came cha cha’ing into our front door, and in the beginning I thought gay was code for fun … and I said to my mom, why are these guys so much more fun than the rest of your friends?”
The 67-year-old superstar has a lot to celebrate these days. Her latest album, “Closer to the Truth,” became the highest-charting of her career; in addition to her advising role on “The Voice,” Cher is preparing for her Dressed To Kill tour, set to kick off in the USA in March 2014.