- Proposed marriage referendum dismissed days after Croatia’sPosted 1 day ago
- Aussie Actor Harry Cook “I’m Gay”Posted 1 day ago
- My terror of crossing Oxford St at Mardi GrasPosted 1 day ago
- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 1 day ago
- Donate to Community Brave to help combat teen bullying and homophobiaPosted 1 day ago
- BootCo Industriel TinselPosted 2 days ago
- Midsumma LaunchPosted 2 days ago
- GLBN Christmas PartyPosted 2 days ago
- Queerscreen Trivia @ Warren View Hotel EnmorePosted 2 days ago
- Imperial Hotel VIP 30th BirthdayPosted 2 days ago
Police win bake off second year running
Pride March Victoria’s annual Great Aussie Bake Off was held over the weekend at DT’s Hotel in Richmond to raise money for Melbourne’s pride march, taking place in February as part of Midsumma queer arts and culture festival.
Last year’s winners Victoria Police again took out the bake off’s major prize, winning with a gay gingerbread house.
Over six thousand dollars was raised for Pride March Victoria (PMV), an amount significantly down from last year’s fund-raising total of roughly $13,500.
“It sort of is, but it’s a little bit deceiving—last year we had someone who was very kind and matched us dollar for dollar,” explained PMV president Matt Renwick.
Renwick said he was happy with the amount raised, and said the bake off and the afternoon’s celebrity charity auction were a lot of fun.
“We had Wes Snelling and Scott Brennan as co-hosts this year, and I think the crowd enjoyed them,” said Renwick.
“They injected a bit of fun on the day, and importantly they kept the auction ticking over!”
Renwick said registrations are now open to participate in next year’s pride march.
Visit www.pridemarch.com.au for more information or to register.