- More DJs announced for official Mardi Gras PartyPosted 17 hours ago
- Secretly filmed emotional coming out video to inspire othersPosted 17 hours ago
- Gold, gold, gold for dragon boatersPosted 17 hours ago
- Kelly Osbourne tweets Australian gay marriage supportPosted 19 hours ago
- High Court overturns ACT’s same-sex marriage legislationPosted 22 hours ago
- Women said something … now women will film somethingPosted 2 days ago
- Pride TV launches in AustraliaPosted 2 days ago
- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 3 days ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 3 days ago
- Stay socially connected to supportive friends and family for your mental healthPosted 3 days ago
Sunshine Coast Pride beams
Now in its fifth year, the festival, which had previously only been confined to a single day, celebrated three days of pride and helped raise visibility of the coast’s LGBTI community.
More than 1000 people attended the festival, which kicked off on Friday with a film night in Nambour.
Maroochydore hosted the Rainbow Bingo night that saw Brisbane drag queen bingo favourite Monica Fusions take her ball turning prowess and skills up north for the first time.
“Bingo was a blast. Monica was a fantastic host for the evening and had everyone in stitches,” festival committee member Paul Ferguson told the Star Observer.
The festival culminated with Sunday’s Fair Day that took over the University of the Sunshine Coast and saw more people attending than ever before.