- Greens push for overseas marriagePosted 3 days ago
- AFL pride campaign is “bullying”Posted 4 days ago
- Brazilian court ruling allows gay marriagesPosted 4 days ago
- Minnesota passes marriage equality billPosted 6 days ago
- Marriage rally draws sombre talePosted 7 days ago
- Marriage bill a stunt: Rainbow LaborPosted 10 days ago
- Take two: Marriage bill back to ParliamentPosted 10 days ago
- Another US state gets marriage equalityPosted 12 days ago
- Rainbow Army takes on Newcastle mayorPosted 12 days ago
- Mixed messages on marriage free vote?Posted 13 days ago
No need to hibernate
Winter may have begun bringing with it some cold weather, but that doesn’t mean the Mid North Coast is going into hibernation!
Port Macquarie-based GLBTIQ social group Out ’N Hastings launched their new website at the ACON offices in Port Macquarie. Visit www.outnhastings.org.au for details on upcoming events and contact details for this newly revived social group.
Chaplins is a support group for HIV positive women in the Coffs Harbour area. They meet once a month for a coffee and a chat. Contact Anabell at ACON in Coffs Harbour on 02 6651 6017 for more information.
The Harbour Youth Service, in conjunction with ACON, will start a six-week course for same-sex attracted young people in July. It will be held once a week and will cover topics such as coming out, sexual health, and sexuality. Spread the word and contact the Harbour Youth Service on 02 6652 7124 or the ACON Office in Coffs Harbour to register your interest in attending.
NAIDOC Week is the first week in July. Events in the area include the Galambila fun day with lots of food and entertainment for the little ones. Contact Galambila on 02 6652 0800 for details and visit www.naidoc.org.au for information on other events in the area.
An Outreach Officer from ACON is available for appointments on some clinic days at Kempsey Sexual Health. If you wish to talk about things you might need support with, ranging from treatments information through to Centrelink issues or coming out, make an appointment through Clinic 33 on 0418 207 939.
info: For more about groups, services, organisations or events on the Mid North Coast, contact Anabell Thoener, Coffs Harbour 02 6651 6017 Email email@example.com Glenn Ferrero, Port Macquarie 02 6584 0943 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Anabell Thoener is ACON’s Health Promotion Outreach Officer in Coffs Harbour.