- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 20 hours ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 21 hours ago
- Reynolds to lead National LGBTI Health AlliancePosted 21 hours ago
- Proposed marriage referendum dismissed days after Croatia’sPosted 1 day ago
- Aussie Actor Harry Cook “I’m Gay”Posted 1 day ago
- My terror of crossing Oxford St at Mardi GrasPosted 2 days ago
- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 2 days ago
- Donate to Community Brave to help combat teen bullying and homophobiaPosted 2 days ago
- BootCo Industriel TinselPosted 2 days ago
- Midsumma LaunchPosted 2 days ago
Stars shine for PLC
The Positive Living Centre will host a cabaret fundraiser this month as part of the Midsumma Festival, with all money raised going to the centre.
The Positive Living Centre provides free-of-charge social, recreational and skills-based services to people living with HIV. It also offers financial assistance, peer support and legal advice.
Dolly Diamond, Luke Gallagher, Kaye Sera and Jon Jackson will all take part in the one-night-only performance, Red Ribbon Cabaret, with Simon Bruckard accompanying on piano.
Tickets are $25 or $20 for concessions/groups of 10+.
Dolly Diamond has also just been announced as the host of another staple Midsumma event, taking the baton from Melbourne drag legend Dulcie Du Jour as the host of Carnival’s popular dog show.
“[I’ve got] big diva shoes to fill but can’t wait for the challenge,” Diamond said on her Facebook page.
Carnival is this Sunday, January 15. The Red Ribbon Cabaret is on January 28.
INFO: Make your bookings at www.midsumma.org.au