- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 21 hours ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 22 hours ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 1 day ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 1 day ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 1 day ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 1 day ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 2 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 2 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 2 days ago
- Calls for independent police oversightPosted 2 days ago
Stars shine for PLC
The Positive Living Centre will host a cabaret fundraiser this month as part of the Midsumma Festival, with all money raised going to the centre.
The Positive Living Centre provides free-of-charge social, recreational and skills-based services to people living with HIV. It also offers financial assistance, peer support and legal advice.
Dolly Diamond, Luke Gallagher, Kaye Sera and Jon Jackson will all take part in the one-night-only performance, Red Ribbon Cabaret, with Simon Bruckard accompanying on piano.
Tickets are $25 or $20 for concessions/groups of 10+.
Dolly Diamond has also just been announced as the host of another staple Midsumma event, taking the baton from Melbourne drag legend Dulcie Du Jour as the host of Carnival’s popular dog show.
“[I’ve got] big diva shoes to fill but can’t wait for the challenge,” Diamond said on her Facebook page.
Carnival is this Sunday, January 15. The Red Ribbon Cabaret is on January 28.
INFO: Make your bookings at www.midsumma.org.au