- Australia’s first same-sex marriages attract widespread supportPosted 11 hours ago
- Madonna’s continued support for gay RussiaPosted 2 days ago
- Bingham Cup takes pride of place in ARU trophy cabinetPosted 2 days ago
- Nelson Mandela – a leader in LGBTI rights & AIDS awarenessPosted 2 days ago
- A balancing act with a differencePosted 2 days ago
- Prisoner star joins the partyPosted 2 days ago
- Equal Love banner attracts unwanted attentionPosted 2 days ago
- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 3 days ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 3 days ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 3 days ago
The ‘ultimate’ gay marriage ad
The Ultimate Anti-Gay Marriage Ad is the latest online satirical video to have a dig at gay marriage opponents.
The US ad, running at just over a minute, sees a married couple fret over what will happen to their marriage and family if same-sex attracted people were allowed to do the same.
“They’re trying to make gay marriage legal,” the man says.
“Oh my god, what’s going to happen to our marriage… but I don’t want to get a divorce or marry a woman,” she replies.
Shortly afterwards, a little girl asks “Mummy, daddy, if gay people are allowed to get married, will you still love me?”
To which the dad replies “…let’s just hope it doesn’t come to that”.
A voice-over then finishes with “Help straight people from getting divorced and hating their children.”
It follows on from other ads that have made fun of gay marriage opponents such as the Gay Men Will Marry Your Girlfriends.
Check out the ad here: