- A pucking cute Christmas videoPosted 16 hours ago
- From the diving pool to the cabaret stagePosted 16 hours ago
- Calling condom-free sex “fucking stupid” is stigmatisingPosted 18 hours ago
- Calls for independent police oversightPosted 18 hours ago
- Christine fostering a good runPosted 18 hours ago
- Star Observer issue 1204Posted 1 day ago
- Grindr makes us healthier and better lookingPosted 2 days ago
- Tom Daley’s male partner revealedPosted 2 days ago
- Under The MirrorballPosted 2 days ago
- Same-sex marriage in the ACT will be legal – for five days at leastPosted 3 days ago
Tom Daley comes out as … straight
In an interview with the UK Sunday Mirror Olympic diver Tom Daley has denied rumours that he is gay.
“I think it’s funny when people say I’m gay… I laugh it off,” Daley said. “I’m not. But even if I was, I wouldn’t be ashamed. It wouldn’t bother me in the slightest what people thought.”
“But I can understand why I have a massive gay following – I spend most of my life half naked in trunks on a diving board showing off my bare chest. I often joke I wear more to bed than I do to work. But I’m cool with my gay following. It’s great to have gay fans even though my friends gently take the mick.”
This year alone Daley was named Sexiest Man in the World by gay magazine Attitude and Hottest Hunk of 2013 by Heat Magazine.
“I just think about my diving,” he said. “If people think I am gay or that I don’t focus on my diving enough and go out too much, there is always going to be an opinion – and if I worry about that too much, then my diving goes downhill.”
Daley revealed he “is single at the moment” and wants to “meet someone he can trust”.
“I have never had a serious relationship. It has never worked with diving. It’s a priority to me and if someone doesn’t understand that’s fine. But then they’re not the person for me,” he added.